Natural Resources and Energy Technologies
The Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) is calling for the submission of funding applications for developing innovative natural resource and energy technologies. The technological focus areas include:
- Water and Sanitation: Digitisation for water and wastewater treatment plants, water leak, sanitation and operations efficiency technologies.
- Circular Economy: Waste to energy, alternative packaging to replace plastic.
- Mining and Minerals: Mining support technologies that enhance minerals beneficiation, mining digitisation and the support the implementation of low carbon footprint in mining.
- Technologies to combat the immediate effects of loadshedding: Microgrids, smart grids, energy management systems, energy efficiency, energy storage, generators, solar panels and inverters.
- Just Energy Transition: Decarbonisation, e-mobility, hydrogen, lithium-ion batteries and fuel cells.
Click here to apply
Applications are invited from the following South African institutions for consideration:
- Start-up companies
- Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs)
- Private Individuals
- Science Councils (SCs)
- Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Any other recognised legal entities in South Africa
The application must meet the following criteria:
- A technology or process development must focus on the natural resources or energy sector as described above.
- Demonstrate a viable, feasible and sustainable business case.
- Demonstrate a positive socio-economic impact.
- Have a proof of concept (an idea that has been proven, tested and validated i.e., TRL 4 or
- Must have an industry partner