Invitation to Tender: Scoping Study and Mapping of Innovation Ecosystem Development and Support Initiatives in Southern and West Africa
The Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office invites you to submit a proposal for Scoping Study and Mapping of Innovation Ecosystem Development and Support Initiatives in Southern and West Africa.
The purpose of the project is to understand the range of existing innovation ecosystem support interventions/programmes (e.g. facilitation and networking) in Southern and West Africa, to identify best practice, gaps and opportunities for the design of potential interventions to improve ecosystem facilitation methodologies, as well as, new collaboration and partnership opportunities for a wide range of national, regional and global development partners and stakeholders across the region.
- Invitation to Tender letter
- Invitation to Tender instructions, including the tender evaluation criteria
- Full Terms of Reference
- Commercial pro-forma for submitting the cost breakdown
- FCDO Section 2 – Standard Terms and Conditions Below EU Threshold Service Contracts (v1.0 Sept 2020)
Value of Funding: Up to £100,000
Closing date: Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 2pm UK time.
The project will deliver two reports:
- a report synthesising existing innovation ecosystem support and development initiatives in Southern and West Africa (in agreed countries), highlighting areas of existing expertise and further collaboration opportunities, building on successes and minimising unnecessary duplication
- a report with recommendations for the design of potential future support to innovation ecosystem facilitation methodologies and recommendations for ways to build on existing strengths and address challenges and blockages.
Eligible countries: Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe