Youth Technology Innovation Programme
Youth Technology Innovation Programme (YTIP) exists to drive and increase the participation of young people in the economy by providing funding for the development of techno-enterprises. The Programme is targeted at funding and supporting youth, between the ages of 18-30, who have innovative ideas that have the potential to establish new businesses.
Purpose of the Programme
- Fund development of innovative ideas to solve various social and technological problems
- Create and enable access to infrastructure and services, mentoring and incubation, to support development and commercialisation of youth-led technology-enterprises
- Accelerate the commercialisation and uptake of youth-led technology-enterprises
Click here to register and apply.
- Infrastructure Support: funding will be allocated through a voucher mechanism to higher education institutions, science councils and other service providers. Support is also provided for prototype development and advancement of technologies from Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 3-7.
- Business Support and Advisory: regular structured one-on-one sessions or trainings aimed to provide the recipient with the necessary business knowledge, tools and competencies to develop sustainable techno-enterprises.
- Skills Development: skills development is provided to recipients to effectively and efficiently participate in the funding process and innovation development.
- Intellectual Property Management: executed through the voucher mechanism to conduct novelty search, file patents and other forms of IP.