TechnoServe helps people lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the power of the private sector. TechnoServe is a nonprofit organization operating in almost 30 countries, they work with hardworking women and men in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, TechnoServe has helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
- Empower small-scale farmers and businesspeople with the skills and knowledge they need to earn more money.
- Train farmers how to improve the quality and yields of their crops and earn higher prices
- Train and mentor small-scale entrepreneurs in the skills to grow their business and create jobs
- Help small-scale producers organize into business groups, improving their knowledge, credit access, and negotiating power
- Connect these emerging businesses and farms to better markets, suppliers, and financing.
- Work with large companies to incorporate small-scale suppliers into their business models
- Help local companies like food processors and exporters improve their capacity to buy from small-scale producers
- Advise finance providers on how to expand services to underserved farmers and entrepreneurs
- Sustain progress by improving the business environment for small-scale producers.
- Fix market gaps by training local service providers to support emerging farms and businesses
- Advice on local and national policies that will improve business opportunities for small-scale producers
- Leverage technology to improve connections and transparency within a market and to scale up effective solutions