Southern Africa Innovation Bridge Portal (IBP) Fintech Challenge
Do you have a ground-breaking financial services business, either operational or in the ideation phase, that you are eager to catapult to the next level?
The Southern Africa Innovation Bridge Portal (IBP) Fintech Challenge could be exactly what your business needs to progress and grow your business.
The ten winning entrepreneurs of the challenge will be:
· match-made with potential investors/ecosystem partners,
· awarded a $5500 cash prize,
· mentored by industry experts,
· provided with investment readiness support, and
· given access to Thinkubate, a startup incubation support platform providing educational content.
All this, plus the opportunity to immerse yourself in an unrivalled community of experts, potential clients and like-minded entrepreneurs treading the same path as you.
We are looking for startups that can provide fintech solutions in the area of payments, savings, insurance, and lending to improve financial inclusion.
If this sounds like an opportunity your business can benefit from, and you are willing to commit to the process, find out more and apply here.
Key Dates for the Fintech Challenge
Please be aware of the following process before you apply, as you will be committing to participate in the three-month process.
- 19 March 2023: Applications close
- 27-30 March 2023: 40 businesses will be shortlisted to participate in panel interviews
- The panel sessions will be 25 minutes long.
- The successful long-listed candidates will need to prepare a 5-minute presentation about their business.
- There will be 20 minutes for questions and answers.
- 6 April-18 May 2023: Of the 40 shortlisted startups, 20 startups will be selected to participate in an Investment Readiness Programme, which include seven workshops of 3 hours each.
- 1 June 2023: Submission of 5-minute pitch presentation video.
- 14 June 2023: Demo Day.
- 22 June 2023: Investor and Startup Ecosystem Matchup event- World Bank will announce the top 10 recipients of the cash prize and incubation support.