Singatha ICT Incubator
Singatha ICT Incubator is a business incubator based on Port Shepstone Campus TVET College that supports and assists in the development of growing SMME’s. The idea behind the ICT incubator is to facilitate the growth of the ICT SMME sector, and it will utilize ICT to enhance the growth of other prominent sectors such as tourism, agriculture, manufacturing and film making in the Ugu district. The incubator provides management guidance, technical assistance and consulting tailored to young growing companies.
The incubator provides management guidance, technical assistance and consulting tailored to young growing companies.
Singatha offers three types of incubation services;
- Incubatees - These are businesses that are already in business, these businesses operate from the Incubator and have access to all services offered by the Incubator.
- Virtual Incubatees - Virtual Incubatees are incubatees that have registered operating businesses but don’t necessarily require office space, so Singatha assists these businesses with business knowledge, training, marketing, and basic consultancy.
- Pre-Incubatees - Pre-incubatees are incubatees that do not have a registered business but do have a successful business idea, they are then put into a pre-incubation process whereby Singatha assists them with the registration of their business, a compilation of their business plan, marketing of their business and development of their brand
Business Support Services Include:
- A clean working environment
- Secure environment
- Reception and message taking
- Access to secretarial services
- Permanent high-speed internet connectivity
- Managed telephone services
- Server access and website hosting
- Quality IT support facilities
- Meeting facilities
- Consultant support
- Tourism Logistics & transport
- Wood & wood industries
- Creative & digital industries
- Agriculture & agro-processing
- Arts, crafts & cultural industries
- Information & communication technology