Revup Women: Call for Applications
Revup Women is calling for women-led enterprises to apply to for a chance to be part of an 8-week enterprise development program and win up to $10 000.
RevUp Women Initiative by AfriLabs is an enterprise development programme for early-stage women-led businesses in Africa. It is designed to accelerate these businesses into profitable & sustainable ventures that can stimulate the creation of jobs on the continent. The initiative aims to foster gender equality and inclusive economic growth through enterprise development training, mentorship, peer-to-peer learning and providing access to finance. This cohort is funded by The Visa Foundation.
- Access to high-quality female mentors Across Africa
- 10 business owners will be selected to be funded with 10,000 dollars following the Catalytic Africa guidelines
- Access to additional funding opportunities for participants and a network of funders across Africa
- Access to the AfriLabs network
Click here to apply.
The applications are open to early-stage women-led businesses across Africa. These businesses must meet the following criteria before applying;
- At least 51 percent owned by a woman
- Be led by a woman
- Be located in any of these cities in Africa
- Nigeria – Lagos, Abuja
- South Africa – Johannesburg, Cape Town
- Cameroon – Douala, Yaounde
- Kenya – Nairobi, Kisumu
- Democratic Republic of Congo- Kinshasa, Lubumbashi
- Have an already existing service or product
- Have evidence of sales of existing services or product
- Have an existing business model
- Registered and incorporated in the country of operation
- Be operational for at least 6 months
- Be able to dedicate 8 weeks to an intense hybrid training and mentoring session
Note: Evidence of sales would be requested during the due diligence phase.