Raymond Ackerman Academy of Entrepreneurial Development
The Raymond Ackerman Academy is a post-matric level academy that offers an inspiring and innovative six month, full-time programme in entrepreneurial development.
The course aims at empowering young people by developing their entrepreneurial mind-sets.
The RAA is 'RAAsome' opportunity for youth between 18 - 35 looking to:
- Develop personally
- Build their entrepreneurial mind-set
- Learn business skills
The curriculum is based on 7 business building blocks:
1: Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Includes the characteristics of the entrepreneur and entrepreneurial activities in SA
2: Idea creation & innovation
- Includes techniques to generate ideas and highlights the importance of unique ideas or ideas that add value
3: Developing the individual
- Includes identifying your vision and mission, learning to communicate effectively
4: Developing the professional
- Includes time management, presentation skills, professionalism in the workplace, career development
5: Doing business in South Africa
- Includes an introduction to economics and the South African business environment (includes requirements for setting up a business and introduction to support organizations).
6: The Four Legs of the Table (Mr Ackerman’s business strategy)
- Includes introductions to marketing, HR, operations, strategy, business numeracy and cost accounting
7: Idea testing & implementation