Propella Business Incubator
Propella is one of the first business hubs in South Africa to be fully geared for Business 4.0.
Exciting new IT and advanced manufacturing businesses share the same building to encourage cooperation between innovators in both sectors.
Support for the development of technologies for Smart Cities come through a partnership between Engeli Enterprise Development (EDD), a private sector business support company and Innovolve, the wholly-owned commercialisation company of Nelson Mandela University (NMU).
Propella helps commercialise the research and development being conducted at the NMU, as well as other technology entrepreneurs who either approach Propella for support or who are identified by Propella.
Prospective incubatees go through a rigorous selection process to qualify for access to the Propella and its support services. Once they are selected Propella facilitators assist with mentoring and the evaluation of business concept.
Propella strives to achieve the following;
- To be the “Go To”, High-Tech Incubator and Accelerator for innovators and ventures delivering Smart City Solutions and Industry 4.0 Technologies.
- To be the first choice for the commercialisation of smart products and services in our targeted sectors.
Who We Incubate
A business or a business idea that has been tested in the market and is:
- Disruptive (Smart, out of the ordinary thinking, unique, innovative);
- Will help a smart city to improve the lives of its residents;
- Sustainable; and
- Creates jobs or has the ability to create jobs