Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize in AgriTech
The Milken Institute and the Motsepe Foundation have launched the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize in AgriTech, a multi-year initiative to focus global innovators and entrepreneurs on developing technological solutions that accelerate progress towards implementing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with a spotlight on the African continent. The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech is a global competition for innovative solutions to increase economic value to farmers, from seed to sale. Entrepreneurs and innovators are invited to submit AgriTech designs and business models with a focus on accelerating SDG 1 - No Poverty and SDG 2 - Zero Hunger.
The winning team will receive a $1 million grand prize, with $1 million in additional prizes.
Click here to register.
- Teams submit their design and business model. An independent panel of expert judges will select up to 25 teams to receive $10,000 each and advance in the competition
- Teams develop their prototypes and conduct field tests on small and medium-sized farms in Africa.
Winning teams will increase net economic value to small and medium-sized farms by:
- Developing innovative technology solutions for any stage of the food system, from seed to sale
- Designing a viable business model
- Increasing farm productivity and/or decreasing post-harvest loss