GREEN BUILDINGS FINANCE PROGRAMME
Green Buildings Finance Programme provides up to 100% property finance ranging from R500 000 to R50 million to established entrepreneurs with a viable business who want to invest in green buildings and achieve green building certification. We finance the purchase, construction, and/or retrofit of buildings if their designs are certified under an eligible green building certification.
Click here to apply.
Benefits of the Green Buildings Finance Programme
Green Buildings Finance Programme provides the following benefits to the business owner, which lower the cost of greening and reduce the payback period for the greening spend:
- 100% property finance cost.
- 100% of the capital expenditure cost to green the building (capped at 4.5% of the total cost of the building). The rebate will be credited to the client’s property loan account.
- 10% legal and transfer duties.
- A 40% rebate of the capital expenditure to green the building (40% of 4.5%) credited to the property loan account on achievement of final certification.
- A non-refundable grant of R150 000 to cover the cost of green building certification and audit.
Properties qualifying for Green Buildings Finance
- Industrial Buildings including warehouses
- Mixed used buildings
- Offices, hospitals and educational establishments
- Residential property developments
- Retail developments