GAP Innovation Competition
The GAP Innovation Competition is looking for innovators, researchers and entrepreneurs that are working on novel technologies that will improve the efficiency of government service delivery, increase the competitiveness of the local economy and enhance the quality of life of ordinary citizens.
- GAP Green - Apply
- GAP Biosciences - Apply
- GAP ICT - Apply
- GAP Medical - Apply
- Gauteng Accelerator Township Economy - Apply
- The GAP Innovation Competition is open to all South African citizens or permanent residents (individuals, teams and start-ups). Winners of the GAP competition will be incubated at The Innovation Hub in Pretoria, Gauteng (Maxum, BioPark or Climate Innovation Centre).
- The GATE Innovation Competition is open to individuals, small teams and business entities operating from Gauteng townships or have solutions for the township economy. Winners of the GATE competition will be incubated at the selected eKasiLabs around the Gauteng province.
- Entries must have potential for broad social impact in Gauteng, through the creation of jobs, enhancing service delivery by the government, or improving citizens’ lives.
- Entries to GAP/GATE should be beyond proof of concept or at the prototype stage or tried at a small scale, or have demonstrated commercial feasibility, but may not be commercially available prior to the awarding of prizes.
- Entries from established businesses must not have a turnover of R5 million or more in the last financial year.