Fintech is a Centre of Excellence for the furniture industry and is the first port of call for anyone looking for information on business incubation and or skills development in furniture manufacturing. Our dedication to quality service delivery and our national footprint has resulted in the Fibre Processing and Manufacturing Sector Education and Training Authority (FP & M SETA) recognizing Furntech as the Institute of Sectoral and Occupational Excellence for the industry.
The Furntech Business Technology Incubator programme like most other incubator programmes are based on 3 core principles
- Focus on nurturing and growing successful businesses
- business and employment creation Operates towards a self – sustaining business
- Initially cost recovery principles apply Offers services including training designed to meet the needs of its client businesses.
Any individual that has a passion or interest in the woodworking and furniture manufacturing industry and wishes to start a business or existing small businesses that seek to grow their businesses.
The Pre-Incubation phase lasts for 3 months and the Incubation Phase lasts for 2 years. Post-Incubation (where applicable) is considered on a case by case basis.
Furntech is a non-financial support provider and therefore no direct funding is provided to clients. We will however assist in facilitating access to funding through networks, linkages and partners.
- Learnerships / Apprenticeships
- 49091: National Certificate Furniture Making (Wood)
- 49105: National Certificate Furniture Making (Wood) at NQF Level 3:
- Wood Machining
- Cabinet Making
- Wood Finishing
- Coffin Making
- Wooden windows and doors
- Supervisor Development Programme