French South African Tech Transfer Bridge 2020
The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) and the Embassy of France in South Africa are calling for research teams from a French or South African public university, research institute or enterprises willing to acquire new technology, to submit applications for the French South African Tech Transfer Bridge Program. The Program is a flexible and year-round program with the main aim of facilitating cooperation between research teams, technology transfer offices and industrial players in France and South Africa, who are in the final phases of contracting or testing the relevance of their technologies for industrial use.
Click here to download a document with detailed information
Click here to download the application form
Click here to apply
1. Who can apply?
- Research teams from a French or South African public university, research Institute; through their own technology transfer offices;
- French or South African enterprises willing to acquire a new technology; and
- Technology transfer offices of France or South Africa that are interested in developing their expertise together.
2. What can be applied for?
- The program provides for individual visits for a minimum of one week and a maximum of two weeks in the field of “technology transfer activities”, whatever the scientific field is; and
- The laureates will have their stay in France or in South Africa funded (travel and accommodation). The maximum amount per project is EUR 2 500 or R 46 000.
3. Assessment procedure
- The applications will be reviewed by a jury made up of representatives from the French Embassy, Department of Science and Innovation and representatives of various agencies in the innovation space.