DBSA Youth Challenge
The Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) Youth Challenge is a call to young people across South Africa, aged between 18 and 35 to submit their ideas and solutions that solve and address our country's infrastructure.
DBSA is looking for development-focused innovations in the ideation stage that address infrastructure needs across in which they operate.
Prize: A share of R1.5m, with a 12-month mentorship programme to assist with the execution of your infrastructure idea.
Click here to submit your application.
- Health - Your idea improves access to quality affordable primary healthcare in marginalised communities in urban and rural areas of the country.
- Water - Your idea reduces water pollution and/or increases access to clean potable water.
- Human Settlements & Housing - Your idea offers a solution to the need for affordable, environmentally sustainable housing in informal settlements and/or rural areas of the country.
- Transport - Your idea improves access, safety and/or the experience of public commuters, or reduces traffic congestion and air pollution or increases the efficiency of moving goods.
- ICT - Your idea solves the challenge of access faced by many, breaking down those barriers to digital accessibility and connectivity.
- Education - Your idea solves the need of access to quality education for every child ensuring that they’re equipped for the future.
The competition is open to anyone legally residing in South Africa. DBSA employees, their immediate families as well as DBSA partners, service providers and other companies associated with the competition and with the DBSA are not eligible.