CSIR/TIA/DSI Industrial Biocatalysis Hub (IBH): Call for Expressions of Interest
The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) and its implementing partner, the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), would like to request Expressions of Interest (EoI’s) from Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs).
EoI’s will be accepted from the following participants:
- Eligible Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to host Nodes of the Industrial Biocatalysis Hub (IBH).
- Companies, including SMMEs, requiring technical support in biocatalysis product and process development to grow and expand their biomanufacturing capacity.
To apply for support through the EoI process, complete the EoI form and e-mail the PDF versions of completed forms, CV’s, BBBEE certificate /affidavit and proof of CIPC registration.
Click here to submit your proposal.
The DSI has identified biocatalysis as one of the key enabling technologies to support the development of a sustainable industrial bio-economy sector in South Africa. The CSIR has been tasked with implementing the IBH by the DSI and TIA.
The key objectives of the IBH are:
- To provide a platform for industrial assimilation of biocatalysis technology
- Selection and support of Nodes to support biocatalysis activities and capacity building;
- Embarking on collaborative projects with Enterprises to localize and develop technology in biocatalysis for implementation at a commercial scale.
- EoIs will NOT be considered if they do not involve biocatalysis and do not have a clear path to commercialisation.
- Enterprise not registered with the CIPC (proof of CIPC registration must be provided with the application or be excluded from the process).
- Applications not accompanied by a BBBEE certificate or affidavit will be excluded.
- Applications not accompanied by CV’s will be excluded.