CSIR/TIA/DSI Industrial Biocatalysis HUB Call for Expression of Interest
CSIR/TIA/DSI Industrial Biocatalysis HUB (IBH) is calling for Expression of Interest (EoI) from SMMEs entering the biocatalysis sector as well as established companies to grow and expand biomanufacturing capacity to meet market demands.
Biocatalysis entails the use of enzymes and microorganisms to develop processes to produce products such as industrial biologics, biopharmaceuticals and bio-veterinary compounds, flavours and fragrances, food additives and extraction of natural compounds from plants which can be used in the formulation of dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, food and feed products and cosmetics.
Purchasing of equipment for enterprises or direct monetary support of enterprises is not provided for in this call.
Click here to download the EoI application form.
Click here to submit your EoI
- EoIs will NOT be considered if they do not involve Biocatalysis and is not planned to be implemented commercially.
- Enterprise not registered with the CIPC (proof of CIPC registration must be provided with the application or be excluded from the process)
- Applications not accompanied by a BEE certificate or affidavit will be excluded
- Applications not accompanied by CV’s will be excluded
- Closing date for applications. No late submissions will be considered.
The IBH is a CSIR/TIA/DSI initiative to provide technical product and process development support to Enterprises in the biomanufacturing sector using Biocatalysis technologies, with the aim of creating and expanding biocatalysis capacity and uptake in the biomanufacturing industry.
The key objectives of the IBH are:
- Coordination and support of the country’s Biocatalysis industrialization activities
- Selection and support of Nodes to support Biocatalysis activities and capacity building
- Embarking on collaborative projects with Enterprises to localize and develop technology in Biocatalysis for implementation on commercial scale