Call for Technology Transfer Offices to Participate in the Expert-in-Residence Programme
The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) and Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA) invites Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs) in South Africa to apply for the Expert-in-Residence (EiR) Programme which will enable access to consultant to support in various fields.
Click to here read more about the call.
Click to here complete the application.
Already have an expert you wish to work with? Click here to submit their details.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To develop capacity in technology commercialisation: support skills development; enhance the experience of TTO personnel and researchers in technology commercialisation; and
- To accelerate technology commercialisation efforts at research institutions: EiRs will apply their skills, experience and networks to evaluate and move technology commercialisation opportunities further along the innovation value chain.
- Resident EiR - This is where the EiR will be at the TTO on a full-time basis for a period of up to three months;
- Block EiR - The Block EiR would involve the EiR spending blocks of time at the TTO during the engagement and
- Sector / Regional EiR - The option of appointing a Sector-specific or Regional EiR is a useful model for engagement.