Call for Proposal: Scale Out For Impact (SOFI)
The Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) and its partners invites experienced innovators, entrepreneurs or enterprise holders within its existing portfolio of investments/clients by the BBC, Newton Fund beneficiaries and TIA with a track record of sustainable enterprises that serve township and rural communities, to submit a proposal to create a new venture or expand an existing enterprise with a UK based technology or innovative solution in the following areas:
- Digitalisation of the Township Economy
- Future of Healthcare-COVID-19
- Circular Economy
Click here to download a document with detailed information.
Click here to download the application form.
Click here to submit your completed application form.
- Applicants must be South African citizens and/legal entities registered in South Africa. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, women owned enterprises, enterprises owned by people with disabilities.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential of the enterprise for impact in rural and township communities
- Applicants must have received support (financial or non-financial) from TIA, BBC, Newton Fund previously or are currently receiving support.
- Track record of the individual/team and enterprise
- Competence, expertise and capability of the team executing the project
- Current stage of operations and viability of current enterprise
- Number of employees (if any)
- The market attractiveness of the UK based technology/ innovative solution for the
- South African and regional market.
- The market potential of the SA based entrepreneur’s technology innovative solution
- for the South African and foreign market.
- The potential of the new enterprise to create new jobs, economic return and social
- The suitability of the locality of the new enterprise