Call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to host Industrial Biocatalysis Hub
The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) in partnership with the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) is pleased to announce a call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to host the Industrial Biocatalysis Hub (IBH).
Click here download a document with more details.
To apply to host the IBH, interested institutions are requested to complete the EOI form.
Click here to submit your application.
The current EOI call is open to any of the South African Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and Science Councils with distinguished leadership in the discipline of biocatalysis.
The criteria for selection of the host of the IBH include the following:
- An established reputation in the field of biocatalysis with a substantial number of peer-reviewed publications and suitable patents;
- An international network with other biocatalysis research centres;
- A clear track record of human capital development and relevant outputs in the biocatalysis field;
- A track record of multidisciplinary research and development and industrial collaboration on biocatalysis projects;
- Availability of relevant infrastructure and support structures to realise the priorities of the IBH;
- Relationship with speciality and fine chemical industry clusters that could benefit from biocatalysis to increase sector competitiveness;
- Sound institutional financial management systems and compliance with PFMA; and
- A letter of support from the host institution.