BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023
The BRICS Young Innovator Prize is a special recognition of young talented entrepreneurs and researchers, whose outstanding innovations (inventions, products, applications, and services) will make a profound impact on the socio-economic, environment and condition of life in BRICS societies. The BRICS Young Innovator Prize is a platform for BRICS young scientists and entrepreneurs to share their best practices in innovation and venturing.
- First Place - $ 25 000.00
- Second Place - $ 15 000.00
- Third Place - $ 10 000.00
- Social impact;
- Process Improvement;
- Contribution to Industry Competitiveness;
- Potential to replicate within BRICS member States and beyond; and
Click here to submit the application form.
Minimum Requirements & Eligibility
- The Innovations shall focus on the following 5 thematic areas:
- Modernizing manufacturing;
- Modernizing agriculture;
- Modernizing mining;
- Digital and Circular economies;
- The innovations should emanate from universities, research institutes or registered enterprises in line with a BRICS member country’s law;
- The project must be innovative and has been transformed from scientific and technological achievements;
- The innovation should be in a phase of limited product testing, discontinuous production, certification, or preparation of the product for market;
- The innovation should not infringe upon the intellectual property of any third party and the Intellectual Property Rights (including patent, standard, thesis, etc.) and must be owned by the project team members;
- The age of applicant must be under 40 years and a citizen of a BRICS country; and
- Each applicant can only choose to compete in one project field for the awards.