Automotive Investment Scheme
The Automotive Investment Scheme (AIS) is an incentive designed to grow and develop the automotive sector through investment in new and/ or replacement models and components that will increase plant production volumes, sustain employment and/ or strengthen the automotive value chain.
The AIS provides for a non-taxable cash grant of twenty percent (20%) of the value of qualifying investment in productive assets and twenty five percent (25%) of the value of qualifying investment in productive assets by component manufactures and tooling companies as approved by the dtic.
Click here to submit an application.
Click here to submit a claim.
- Light motor vehicle manufacturers that have achieved, or can demonstrate that they will achieve, a minimum of 50 000 annual units of production per plant, within a period of three (3) years; or
- Component or deemed component manufacturers that are part of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) supply chain; or
- Will achieve at least 25% of total entity turnover or R10 million by the end of the first full year of commercial production as part of a light motor vehicle manufacturer supply chain, locally and / or internationally.
- Declaration by Consultant and Applicant
- Interpretation Note 01/2014 on the Implementation Date of the Revised Automotive Investment Scheme (AIS) Guidelines
- Application form for components manufacturers
- Competitiveness improvements claim form
- Both component claim form
- Factual Findings Report for components and competitiveness improvements
- Declaration to act as consultant form
- Credit order form
- Automotive Investment Scheme (Light Motor Vehicle Manufacturer) Application Form
- AIS Guidelines – 2017
- AIS Guidelines – July 2021
- AIS Component or Deemed Component Manufacturer Application Form (zip) – July 2021
- AIS Light Motor Vehicle Manufacturer Application Form (zip) – July 2021
- AIS (Light Motor Vehicle Manufacturer) – Claim Form