AGTECH Innovation Challenge
The French-South African Agricultural Institute (F’SAGRI), Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), Department of Agriculture, Land Reform & Rural Development (DALRRD), French Embassy, French Ministry for Agriculture & Food & World Bank Group, through the AGTECH Innovation Challenge, is looking to recognize with innovation prizes and matching with French Institutions:
- Startups across five in-scope countries; and
- Applied Researchers at South African universities.
The AGTECH Innovation Challenge under the Innovation Bridge Portal is searching for pre/post-revenue startups with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) ready for or tested in-market, and applied researchers with viable projects to participate in our virtual pitch-day.
Challenge focus areas:
- Digitalization of supply chains
- Food technology
- Enhancing agricultural productivity
- Climate-smart technologies
- Tech-agnostic solutions are welcome
Applicants must be registered users on the Innovation Bridge Portal to access the below forms.
Click here to apply as a startup
Click here to apply as a researcher
The AGTECH Innovation Challenge is an open event for innovative startup and applied research innovators under the Innovation Bridge Startup Community that will change the Agriculture Technology (AGTECH) landscape of Southern Africa. The challenge is an initiative of the French-South African Agricultural Institute (F’SAGRI), Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), Department of Agriculture, Land Reform & Rural Development (DALRRD), French Embassy, French Ministry for Agriculture & Food & World Bank Group.
The challenge aims to help innovators and startups grow, facilitate partnerships, and show the benefits of international exchange. The research prize awards aim to give innovators from SA universities international exposure and the opportunity to accelerate their innovations.
The most promising challenge participants will receive the following award opportunities:
- Innovation prize endowment with cross-mobility for applied researchers and cash award for the startups.
- Exhibit their proposal work at an Award Ceremony hosted by French Embassy and French Ministry for Agriculture and Food, F’SAGRI, DSI, DALRRD at the French Residence in Pretoria (if travel feasible 25 November 2021 - All expenses paid)
- Thinkubate License: Thinkubate (powered by Thinkroom) is an online learner management system for startups. It covers all the life stages of a company (from ideation to post MVP, revenue generating and growth) and provides bespoke solutions to help with a startup's business development.