African Union Civic Tech Fund
The Fund is a pan-African competition that aims to accelerate innovative civic tech initiatives that have the potential to lead to citizen-led transformative action across the African continent. The overall budget available under this current call is EUR 160 750. The financial support to be awarded to each initiative will range from EUR 10 000 to EUR 20 000 – over an implementation period of six months. Recipients must be able to enter a service contract agreement (as opposed to a grant agreement). Additional rounds of funding will follow in the future.
The Fund will pay particular attention to the upscaling, adaptation or replication of pre-existing civic tech initiatives
Click here to apply.
In addition, to the financial support, the Fund will provide selected initiatives with additional technical support according to their identified needs.
- Financial support
- EUR 10 000 to EUR 20 000 per recipient.
- Technical support ○ Virtual inception/acceleration week (hosted by AfriLabs).
- Provision of embedded technical expertise through the engagement of civic tech specialists.
- Thematic support ○ Provision of thematic expertise on democracy support, African Union governance & continental policy-making.
- Marketing, communication & showcasing support
- Facilitation of access to decision-makers at the African Union level as well as the international development community.
- Peer-to-peer learning & networking
- Facilitation of exchange between recipients and other members of related civic tech ecosystems.